WHO WE ARE
For 44 years the NSPI has dedicated its efforts to bringing together industry professionals in an atmosphere designed to create new business alliances, expand educational horizons and enhance network opportunities.
The NSPI goal is to partner with reputable swimming pool and spa companies with a shared commitment to professional, reliable service, consumer education and public safety. We strive to create awareness and promote the interests of the industry and thereby increase consumer confidence. We aim to separate the good from the not so good.
The NSPI has undoubtedly played an important role in promoting the swimming pool industry in South Africa. With a strong dedicated working committee, the NSPI and its members have grown from strength to strength over the years.
NSPI members are professionals of the pool industry and subscribe to a strict set of standards and a Code of Ethics, thus providing you with the ultimate peace of mind as you make this important investment into your home.
- Strive continually to gain respect for the industry at all levels – national, community, local.
- Establish the highest possible standards in relation to health, safety and public welfare in the installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools.
- Support all efforts to improve swimming pool products and service; establish and maintain standards and encourage the research and development of new materials and methods.
- Design and build in a manner compatible in every respect with public health and safety, and comply with all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations.
- Advertise and sell on the merits of products and refrain from attacking competitors or reflecting unfairly on their products, services and business methods.
- Interact with fellow members, industry associates and customer with the utmost personal ethical professionalism respect and politeness at all times.
- Fulfil all contractual obligations. Offer a reasonable warranty of products and services and honour such warranties, either written or implied, where justifiable.
- Advertise ethically in the bona fide prices and products and refrain from the use of unethical advertising methods. Reveal all material facts; avoid concealment of information and avoid the use of advertising innuendoes which might be misleading.
- Uphold the concept of free enterprise and service to the public.
Our members of the NSPI are bound by the rules and constitution of the NSPI, which states that they may not supply and install pools that have not been tested and certified in line with the NSPI standards.
Should they not comply with these standards, their membership will be revoked with immediate effect.
Over the years , we as an institute, have received several complaints with regards to companies supplying inferior fiberglass pool shells coupled with poor installation methods.
We therefore urge the public, for their own protection and peace of mind to be aware of the standards that our members subscribe to, and to protect yourself by rather using an approved NSPI member who subscribes to this business practice.
We have members all over the country and encourage you to make contact with the NSPI before signing any pre-moulded fiberglass pool contracts.